View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
Mo-Dave
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
Not better but different. The reverse flow plate evens out the temp across the body of the smoke chamber. If designed properly the smaller chamber (>250gallons) are easy to manage.

The difference from a traditional offset, is that you loss the dual zone hot spot ability. On a traditional offset, the firebox side is significantly hotter than a reverse flow. I've used both, when you are comfortable with either you can produce some amazing 'cue.

I have had a couple offset traditional smokers, just not a reverse flow. All my smokers are verticals at this time,. Well I have a vertical bandera with a side box, don't know if that counts as a vertical or offset well I guess its a vertical offset, but it is still being refurbished, soon to be cooking on it.
Dave
News & Politics Extension of Discussion and Reflection. ON TOPIC forum for discussion of current events and *friendly* political debate. Please keep it light hearted and respectful. Views expresses belong only to the poster, and not the forum as a whole. It its open discussion from all sides.
Mo-Dave is online now   Reply With Quote