View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Fuddernutz
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
Didn't spend a whole lot of time tonight, but fixed the wireless thermometer situation.

I forget what you call these things, but they are bolts with a hole through the middle of them. Feel free to chuckle at my lack of hardware terminology knowledge. I had purchased some threaded lamp pipe to use, but we found these laying around and felt they looked infinitely cooler. I put two holes in the wall, added the hollow bolt thingamajigs, and then used a JB Weld high-temp putty to hold the back of them. I did this because it would work and it would seal the opening to help prevent smoke/heat leaking.

What about the hole in the bolt you say? The probes are threaded through small corks, so when I put the probes in the chamber, I can cork shut the holes. I bought a little magnetic shelf from Harbor Freight to hold the transmitter. Works perfectly. I'll look at weather proofing it with a hood or something sometime down the road. For now, it just gets black paint along with the whole smoker.

Pics:

I'm going to figure out the shelf tomorrow or Saturday, then hit the whole thing with paint and be done for a while. I have other things that I'd like to do, but the thing I want to do the most is smoke some damn meat!
Looks great! Thanks for the follow up