View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #89
ssv3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
I was able to purchase a Vision grill from Costco last week that was marked "Last One". I had looked at them every week since they put them out in the spring, but had not purchased one. This one was already on a cart and was marked down to $499.00. I looked it up on Costco.com and saw someone had bought one from a Costco in Chicago a few days earlier on clearance for $400.00. I mentioned that to the general manager and he marked it down to $399.00.

After seeing this thread I bought the Kamado Joe heat deflector, pizza stone, and chicken stand from a local Pike's Nursery.

Now that I have it, I have to learn how to cook with charcoal. Is there a place on this forum that shows step by step the different ways to cook on this type of grill?

Thanks for any advice you can provide to a BBQ lover and soon to be BBQ cook.
Congrats on your purchase and welcome. You'll love the Vision kamado. The following site is for kamado cooking http://www.kamadoguru.com/. (not sure if I can post it but...)

It's got a wealth of info on kamados and there is specifically a section for Vision kamados. It's a learning curve but you'll get the hang of it quick and you'll never want cook on anything else. Seems like you're geared up and ready as well with the accessories.
Blackstone Griddle 36
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K), WGA(P) WJJ(CU)
PBC
Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters 30x20 Grill
Member of "THE BLACKSTONE POSSE"
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote