View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
bvbull200
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 08-07-13
Location: Hurst
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Well, I thought it was pretty cool.

I'll have to do a little testing, I suppose, to see if the baffle is ineffective at its current size. We ended up just measuring out our own dimensions for the fire-basket. I hadn't noticed this with any other fire-baskets that had been made, but we made the center divider removable so I can do bigger logs should I ever have the desire.

So far, we have done the following;

1. Added heat deflector/baffle
2. Replaced rear wheels/axle with casters
3. Replaced front casters with steel legs/feet
4. Built a (badass) fire-basket
5. Cut a plate to reduce the size of the cooking chamber (removable)
6. Sealed some joints that could potentially leak heat/smoke (inexpensive factory assembly)

Still have a few more things to do like add a shelf to the outside and make a little covered mount for the wireless transmitter, but it is almost ready for paint.

Fire-basket.



Plate for reducing the cooking chamber size. The "exhaust" is in the back left.


Casters:


Legs/feet. This caster/legs/feet combo raised the smoker by about 3 inches, which is good for me.


Here are a couple small gaps we filled in:



I just can't wait to start cooking with it. I'm pretty excited with the progress so far, though.
__________________
18.5" Weber Kettle / 32" Master Forge Charcoal Grill / Modded/Restored NB Bandera
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote