Unread 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #253
Smokinwright
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
That's a great question.

I do hope that there will be some football traffic as like you said, we are pretty close. It's just an odd setup here. We're only about two miles north of the Indiana border, and it's kind of odd because it seems like EVERYTHING is just on the other side of the border. Even though it's only a couple of miles, it's as if people have no need to go north of the border so everybody seems to stay down there.

Now, if there was a good reason to make the couple mile drive, say, to get five pounds of awesome pulled pork to take to your tailgate party, then that could get people in. But it would take some targeted marketing to those fans down there and let them know about us. There's also a good opportunity to advertise game day party packs or something where people can call in ahead of time and place an order for X amount of people and we put together everything they need to pick up on game day.

So, it will be interesting to see if I can convert on any of the football activity this fall.

I would think that crowd would be a good one to target during football season. Any way to advertise up that way, that won't break the bank?

Congratulations on making the commitment. It's something I've always wanted to do, but it's just not the right time right now for me. I admire you for all the work you've put in to make it exactly how you want it.
Smokinwright is offline   Reply With Quote