View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #13
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Tim, I'd agree with the majority here. Go to the local BB&B or other type store and just see which one fits your hand the best. I've got the Henckels that I bought awhile back when the local BB&B store had a special of buying so much and getting a couple things free. I got a combination of the 4star and Pro S series. I think I'm leaning toward the 4star, I just like the handles better I think.
As far as the difference between Steel or ceramic. I think ceramic hones finer but it's more sucseptible to cracking and damage. I've used ceramic sticks to hone some of my pocket knives in the past. I couldn't really tell a difference when cuting anything between a ceramic stick or a steel. I've pretty much been a whetstone man myself.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote