View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
Packmanjim
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I have a Lang 36" with a 30" char grill and a warmer box above the fire box. The char grill is great with removable tuning plates. The smoker and char grill are all in the same tube which makes it easy to maintain side to side constant temps in the smoker side by building a small fire in the char grill using 1/2 a chimney of lump. The warmer box above the fire box runs about 25-50 degrees cooler and is great for smoking brauts, sausage, salmon, boudin, or cooking your baked beans. it has baffles you can open to redirect the smoke through the box if needed. The warmer box helps by insulating the top of my firebox too and is wood saver. All the cookers mentioned are quality pits but the reverse flow with the welded plate underneath is great for butts, ribs, any pork item that cooks a lot of fat off. $1899 with stainless steel racks. The bad part was the $500 freight from the coast of Georgia to Northwest Arkansas. I'm just a back yard guy but this cooker will last me the rest of my life. I've wore out a couple of webber bullets and an offset POS type smoker. I wish I had purchased a quality pit years ago.
CPOSOS,
Brinkman CPOS vertical
Packmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote