View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #108
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
After following this thread, I went to RD last weekend to get a package of short ribs. They had a few different cuts to chose from and I had no idea what was what but picked a package that just looked good to me. It weighed 18 pounds...went to check out and it rang up $105--ouch. even the cashier did a double check and looked over the receipt --it was right $5.89 a pound....going in the cooker tomorrow, hopefully they are worth it.
Yeah, that price is about right based on my experience - not one of the cheaper cuts, but if you cook them until probe tender, they will be more than worth it. Short rib has gotten to be my favorite cut of beef. A few folks from where I work saw what I eating yesterday and went and got some for themselves and they all lost their minds. We may have 2 carloads going over there next week.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->