View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Westy View Post
Another vote for the 26.75" - for all the reasons listed above. Nice thing with the 26.75 is when you cook indirect, you've actually got some space to do it in. Cooking indirect on a 22.5" doesn't leave a ton cooking space.
Well there are really two things here, the new Assassin 28 and the large green eggs I have really will do all the smoking. That needs to be said, I really don't know how much "smoking" I will be doing as you can understand clearly why. I know its nice to have the option though and believe me I am there and like that. The second is this is going to be the grill to get my wife to start learning how to get the basics of grilling down. I could and will eventually teach her on the green egg but its good to have a good ole Weber Kettle in everyone's arsenal. I think the biggest thing with this weber purchase whatever it will be is mainly the backyard entertaining grill. As you know there is only so much a large green egg or two can hold, the 22" is obviously bigger and can handle a ton of dogs and burgers so I can see the 26.5 fitting in here. So with all that, that is whats weighing on my head. It comes back to still is it worth double and more the price. An extra $100 is not killing me but always good to save and just use it towards more charcoal