Thread: Event trailer
View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
Full Fledged Farker
bizznessman's Avatar
Join Date: 03-20-09
Location: Kansas
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Armadillo, have you talked with your local HD? Here in KS you will need access to a licensed commercial kitchen or you will need to buy a mobile food kitchen that the HD will certify for a food license. Your local HD should be able to provide the information you will need to research trailers. Trailers outfitted with the basics for qualifying for a food license will start around $20K. You will also need liability insurance for the business. I would strongly suggest you form an LLC as well. The LLC will help to insulate you from personal liability from any business mishaps.

There is a lot of due diligence and research to perform before venturing into catering/vending. Even though there are similarities between these two types of business there are some big differences too. Be sure to research the details of both venues.
Do I smell SMOKE?????
bizznessman is offline   Reply With Quote