View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
bizznessman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardluck View Post
Friday is the first day of the Event. I think Im going to cook 15 racks ready for lunch then see how they do... If there going good I will cook another 15-30 racks for dinner.... I will do the same with pork butts start with 4 and see how they do at lunch.(you think I should start smaller or go bigger or that this is a good starting point?)

The info on the crowd is limited... its free so there are only guesses on the size. I hear over the 3 days they have estimated 10,000-20,000 people... I dont know where that number came from?

Rule of Thumb: Figure 50% of "estimated" crowd numbers. Event organizers always want to make the event sound BIG. Without ticket sales there is no data to know the actual event attendance numbers and it is normal for them to unintentionally inflate the numbers due to their zeal.

Personally I would feel comfortable with those numbers to start off with. It is always good to have to cook more the next day than to have lots of leftovers the first day.

How are you selling the racks? Full racks, half racks, by the bone? At festivals events I would think the majority of customers will want 2-3 bones with sides. Not as many will buy half/full racks. (but I could easily be proven wrong)

Thanks from:--->