View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Dim
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

spring chickens (baby chickens), flattened and cooked / smoked

try this marinade but adjust the amounts to the amount that is needed .... this marinade is enough for 2 chickens ....

after marinading, use the left over as a mop in the final stages when finishing it off

this is based on a portugese recipe that originated in Mozambique, but that is popular in south africa (similar to Nandos chicken)

2-6 birds-eye red chillis (adjust spice level to your taste....2 will be mildly spicy whilst 6 will be very spicy)
1 big red capsicum/bell-pepper
1 lemon's juice
2 tbsp. paprika powder
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. dried oregano (crushed)
½ tsp. red chilli powder
½ cup sunflower oil (or olive)
5 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp. brown vinegar
1 tsp. black peppercorns (crushed)

blend the whole lot together, and marinade the chicken for at least 12 hours before cooking on moderate direct heat,

or smoke on your weber (for smoking, I smoke chicken at approx 210 -230 degrees F and I smoke chicken for 1 hour per pound of chicken) .... a spring chicken weighs approx 2 pounds, so smoke on a low temp for approx 1 1/2-2 hrs then finish off on direct heat while using the remaing marinade as a mop

each person gets either a whole chicken or a half .... I've seen people even eating the bones (but that could be because they had too much beer)
Dim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->