View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
jcinadr
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

so milage - you said 3.5 hrs - so 7x60=420. 420/20=21 gallons. 21x4=.

Ok after food, drink, everything else, you will have $150ish invested in your quest for a discount. msrp (about) on a lbge is $850, which at least in my neck of the woods is $800 plus they usually throw in some gimmies (fire starters, ash tool, and bag of lump). $750 versus $800. Just buy it new. Which is what I did 2 days ago.

If you want to save pennies, wait till an eggfest.
---
Ok, perhaps rough numbers and not fair, but you have to ask yourself what you want, and what the warranty is worth to you. I valued it.

That said, now for the depressing part. I fully intend to make my own table, so I did not include a nest in the price. I am getting busy at work, so no clue when I will build that table - and until I do, I have an egg tied upright so it can not fall over, but can not be used either. I highly suspect that in the course of events, I will end up roughing out my table to get cooking, then finishing in a couple months. I mean really, I don't need a table top - just 4 boards to hold the egg in place. Shelving, that can wait too. Bet I can make a working skeleton so I can be cooking before November... Or I might just pick up a couple to 2x4's and make an egg crate for it.

Last edited by jcinadr; 07-29-2013 at 06:11 PM..
jcinadr is offline   Reply With Quote