View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #11151
cleancarpetman
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Round 2-gleaning ideas

Hey Brothers,
I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread! I have NOT READ every page but I have SEEN every page. I began "stealing" ideas and pictures and posting to Evernote after having viewed more than 500 pages. I started from the back to front without knowing which was which. There are some amazing builds to inspire all levels of skill. I am most interested in the simplest of builds for a couple of reasons--aesthestics and my own skill level and budget.
I have officially begun my build! I am in the PLANNING stage. I plan to decide on the build design and assemble all the parts and pieces at once before beginning. I have a restaurant background and will practice 'mise en place', every thing gathered, measured and placed in order of assembly. The idea of a 'practice drum' occurred to me as well, so that my lack of drilling, cutting and welding could be improved multiple times before I have to do it 'for real'.
I enjoy the community of builders and users here. It seems most of you enjoy building and smoking with equal enjoyment. For me it is a necessary evil to get to the fun stuff--serving good food to others.
I suppose this could have been posted in another more appropriate thread, like Cattle Call, but this feels like home right here. I have a large BGE and post on the greeneggers site as
'Q Bruddah.

Thanks to ALL of you who have gone before me and built great smokers.
cleancarpetman is offline   Reply With Quote