View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #94
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

ok... thats just plain old unfair. All we have to eat is leftover Chinese food or capt'n crunch..and u post that?

Yes, thats them. Make sure they are not cut too short.. sometimes, when purchased at a butcher, Ive had them cut to 4-5 inchs where the butcher cuts the plate in half. Problem there is that they shrink to nothing and sometims one half is nothing but fat. Thats why we look for the whole plate. Restaurant depot sells the full plates like in the picture above.

Dino bones are one of my favorites, and i find them more challenging than brisket to get them dead on. I learned to cook them from Adam Perry Lang and still cant duplicate his.. I think it was an awesome idea of our rules committee to include them in the contests. It brings us outside of our comfort zones and gives us a different challenge.

I think I may sign up for judging. Would that be allowed? (thats a joke)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote