View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Dlabrie
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
1. You don't need to smoke at 225 degrees. A lot of people do brisket anywhere between 250-325 degrees. You will still end up with a quality product, and take less time getting there.

2. You wrap the brisket in foil or butchers paper whenever the bark gets to the color that you want.
I have never cooked a brisket, so I don't know what color is good

Don't wrap based on time or temperature. Brisket will be done when it probes like warm butter. It can range anywhere between 190-215 degrees. Every piece of meat is different.

3. If you want burnt ends, then yes separate the flat and point. Allow the flat to vent for 15 mins then wrap in foil and place in a cooler.

4. Take the point and cut into approximately 1x1 inch cubes. Place in a pan and mix in some sauce and rub onto them. It is up to you if you want to foil over the pan or not, and cook for anywhere between 1-2 hours. If you want the point cubes to fall apart for burnt end sammiches then let them go till you can pull it apart easily. If You want just a cube, smoke it till the sauce becomes nice and tacky on the burnt ends.

You can serve both at the same time. You will want to rest the flat for a short bit. 1-2 hours is a nice rest for the flat for the juices to redistribute into the meat. By that time the burnt ends should be done.
That clears it up for me. You put the wrapped flat in the cooler AFTER it is compleatly cooked and let it rest for 1-2 hours.
Dlabrie is offline   Reply With Quote