View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #39
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
"Great BBQ" is all about preference and we all know preferences are subjective. When it comes to taste there's really no standard for great tasting bbq because the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

As crazy as it sounds there are a lot of people who think Chili's baby back ribs are "great bbq". Even after they've tasted what we (the Brethren) would call "Real BBQ". A lot of it is what you've grown accustomed to eating.

For me personally I cannot understand how someone can take a perfectly good smoked slab of ribs and CAKE K.C. Masterpiece bbq sauce on it and call that "great bbq". But they do. I see it all the time. So what you're searching for is really a moving target. The "greatness" of the bbq will many times depend on you and your taste buds.
Bingo
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote