Unread 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
I'm from the Netherlands...nuff said.

I've learned about 90% on the Brethren forum...now I can say that I'm 3 times Dutch BBQ champion in a row and got an invite to the Jack.
...but still I don't know if I cook "really good" BBQ.
Don't care really...my guests like it,my Moms and I as well.
Just buy you some meat,season it and throw it on the grill and see what happens.
Based on what I've sampled, I'd say it's more like "Pharking amazing BBQ"!

Anyway, to the OP - if you like it, and your friends and family like it, it's great BBQ. It's always good to see what's out there and try new things and get new ideas, but if you and your loved ones like it, I don't see that much more is needed. Obviously it's different in the vending/catering/comp worlds, but that's a whole other subject.

There's a saying that's something like "The worst BBQ you've ever had is somebody else's favorite, and your favorite BBQ is the worst somebody else has ever had." That said there are basic standards and parameters (needs to be tender, balanced flavor profile, etc.).
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->