Thread: PopCorn
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #39
ITBFQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm a HUGE popcorn fan, and have been making my own stove top or over a fire for probably 15 years (I'm 32). It's one of the first things I learned to cook well on my own. I am a big fan of the Whirly Pop that some of you have mentioned. Its my go-to Christmas gift if I have to give something to someone that "already has everything." I like plain old butter and salt, my wife likes to mix hers with something sweet - M&Ms or something like that. Rosemary and parmesan (fresh, not from the shaker) is a REALLY tasty combination. Also, butter and cajun spice is nice.

A movie theater around here sells what they bill as "bacon popcorn." Its just popcorn with bacon grease drizzled on top. Its pretty soggy and not good at all. I know some of the great minds on here can improve greatly on that! Thanks for starting a thread about my all time favorite food - popcorn!

P.S. I've often wondered what smoked popcorn would taste like. Thinking about popping some up the next time I have my UDS rolling, and then placing in a metal colander and setting in the smoker for just a couple of minutes.

Thanks from:--->