Thread: PopCorn
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
somebody shut me the fark up.
buccaneer's Avatar
Join Date: 10-23-10
Location: The Never Never.

Originally Posted by runnoft View Post
N8 Here is all you need to know. At the upper end grocery stores they sell coconut oil. It is what popcorn was popped in at the theaters years ago. It is a hard white solid at room temp and it will not caramelize like olive oil when heated. Put about 80% of the coconut oil you need for popping in the pan and the other 20% make up with bacon drippings. It won't taste like bacon and the coconut oil is very taste neutral. Pop and drizzle melted real butter and sprinkle salt on it and the party is over.
runnoft, OO doesn't caramelize when heated?
Hold my dang beer...
buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote