View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
bizznessman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotribe28 View Post
Steve, why do you always have to be dick? I am sure that you and prefect self got a start somewhere? I have never heard of a start up caterer or restaurant just investing a couple hundred grand without trying out their product and perfecting it. Why dont you try to give some helpful advice instead of that condescending worthless rant that you give everyone that asks a good question.

Get over your self....

Sorry for the hijack but I have anger management issues towards azzholes....

All the angst aside I have to add that this is a real issue.

There are many established businesses that may view your operation as a threat. They have invested large amounts of money, time and reputation in their business and that means OVERHEAD COSTS.

The one event we did, out of our house, was seen as a threat to a local restaurant (they don't even serve BBQ...???) and they turned us in to the local HD. We got a polite but stern visit from the HD and that is when we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle or possible liability.

Our solution was to rent a licensed kitchen on a per event basis. We also purchase per-event liability insurance for each catering job. We only do 2-3 per year so this works best for us. If we were to decide to do this as our sole income, or a large number of events, we would go ahead and build/purchase our own commercial kitchen.

Thanks from: --->