View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
aawa
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizznessman View Post
Most if not ALL Health Department regulations do not allow for the use of a residential kitchen for the production/prep of food products for sale to the public. A licensed commercial kitchen is a requirement in most (if not all) states. You will either need your own or access to one for all of your food prep. Even mobile smokers are usually (again possibly all) are required to have access to a licensed commercial kitchen for washing their wares on a daily basis. Before starting anything contact your local HD for information and regs.

It is a business not a hobby when you start charging. Along with the business designation comes a great deal of legal regs and responsibilities. If you decide to operate "under that table" then be prepared for any consequences that could come your way.

We tried this once but found that the risks were just too great.
This guy right here is a smart fellow. If you operate under the table and get people sick you are in for a world of litigation.

I will cook bbq for friends if they ask me too, but I do not solicite any sales. I do it as a favor to them if they buy the meat. Most of the time, they end up giving me a some extra money as a thank you. They also know that I am doing this as a friend and not for any type of business gain.
Weber Mini WSM
Sublime Smoke UDS
Lazy man Pitmaster IQ110 w/ rainbox

Superest Fasterest Blue Thermapen

Want to meet some others with the obsession of BBQ? Clicky for the planning of the Virginia/Mid-Atlantic Brethren Bash
aawa is offline   Reply With Quote