View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #35
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobdabomb View Post
Ron,

I am having one built right now, I have had multiple conversations with Jeff on the phone about configurations of the racks. The one I ordered was the 28, after long consideration with what I needed which was going to be heavy on the competition side as well as catering as I do want to do that on the side if anyone wants my bbq. The rack configuration I did as I tried to maximize space while giving me enough room for all 4 categories.

From the top to the bottom, the first 4 racks are 3.5" then the last two are 5". Which is perfect for mass catering, ton of room for ribs, chicken and the bottom two to max out with 12 butts at a minimum. Now for the competition side, I can remove the top and the third rack which will give me 7", 7", 5", 5". The assassin 28 is obviously heavier but I needed the room and from what I see and understand it is easily movable on hard surfaces and plywood so I dont expect any issues as 95% of time it will be on a concrete/asphault. I personally think this was the best set up for an Assassin 28. Total 6 rack space brings my assassin to just over 3700 sq inches which will be over 200 sq inches more than a maxed out 5 rack stump stretch. For $3000 and another $50 per rack, $3100 out the door thats insane.
Thanks!

I just got off the phone with Jeff. Nice guy! I understand his reasoning for the shelf configuration in the original Assassin, but to me it's backwards. I would much rather have butts on top, then briskets, not the other way around. I like pork juice dripping on beef, not beef juice dripping on pork. Your idea is a good one, but I am very concerned about the weight of the 28. I asked Jeff if he could put no-flat "pneumatic" wheels on it to make it easier to move, 650-ish pounds is probably too much for my wife and I to handle if we have to take it up and down the toy hauler ramp.

I really don't need another cooker. I don't know why I'm even thinking about this

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote