View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaExpat View Post
HOAs bite the big waldoski. Feel for ya man. Glad the one here isn't a bunch of neighborhood nazis. Food looks great though. Sorry to hear the tenderloin wasn't so tender.
It all depends on the HOA board. I was on the board of my HOA for eight years, and president for three years. Everything was fine. The other board members were laid back like me, we were pretty easy on the rules, as long as nobody pissed off their neighbors, or wanted to paint their house hot pink.

Our homes are independent structures. It is a different story if you live in attached condos. If I set fire to my house with my grill or smoker, only my house burns down. If you set fore to a condo, several households can suddenly become homeless. The rules have to be more strict.

To the VERY few people who ever got in my face bout the HOA rules, my response was always, "You signed a contract at closing to abide by HOA rules." In other words, if anyone is surprised by the HOA rules, they signed papers at closing that they did't read.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote