View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I know...it's farkin' crazy talk to think that a rival pitmaster of Aaron's would be spillin' the beans on how his brisket can't possibly be just an S&P rub and he couldn't possibly be fibbin'?!?!?!

Next thing you know, they'll be saying that's all a lie that people in/from NC only sprinkle their pork with salt before throwing it on the pit and if that's all we/they did, it would be absolutely horrible!!!

Truth be told, I use to muck up a lot of meat trying different rubs and what not. In the end, less is more.

For those that think the S&P rub is to salty, I'd recommend using Dixie Crystals kosher instead of Morton. I also add in a little granulated garlic and onion to my rub.

But I can assure you that you won't ruin any cut of meat with some thing so simple as long as it's a good quality grade/cut to begin with.

As far as what Aaron sprays on his brisket, it is a 50/50 of water and worcestershire.

Here's a thread I put up about my experience with Aaron's technique and the results. Hands down the best brisket I had cooked to date:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=143631

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->