View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I like ribs off both products, but they will be just a bit different. KJ ribs I cook have a smoker flavor and don't get dark like the ones in those pictures in the link show.

Pellet ribs do have a lighter and very pleasant color and smoke flavor. Tenderness and moisture are pretty darn close from all of the ones I've cooked on each.

One thing you may not know about a pellet grill if you haven't used one dips the food comes off very, very juicy in them. The KJ does turn out a very juicy product too, but a pellet grill can cook some things juicy that may dry out easier by a different method of cooking. If I'm cooking anything that is lean, white meat (chicken breast, pork loin, wings, turkey breast, etc) they go on the Yoder and come out with tons of juice.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT(L), SJG(AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT(L)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is online now   Reply With Quote