View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #95
Balls Casten
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaestar View Post
I would have left the Sam's Club contest last week wondering what went wrong with my brisket even though I cooked a good brisket. Based on past contest I figured a top 5 finish (my average in brisket this year is 168 over 14 contests) as this was one of the better briskets I have cooked this year, but finished 20th OA.

The new sheets showed that my brisket was at table 2. Table 2 had two total top 10 finishes. A 7th in ribs by Pig Skin and an 8th in pork. I talked to Scott before awards and he said he was happy with his ribs...which usually is a bad thing for the rest of us

At the brisket table I was with Tippy Canoe. Joe said that he cooked a good brisket too but finished 15th OA.

Table 4 had the following rankings (29 teams):

Chicken: 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29
Ribs: 7, 21, 23, 27, 29
Pork: 8, 15, 22, 26, 27, 28
Brisket: 15, 20, 26, 27, 28, 29

Now let's play this out another contest or two and say you have the bad luck of hitting the bad table. In the past, I would not have known that. I would probably have started to mess around with my recipe and then waste a couple of more contests trying to correct something that wasn't wrong in the first place.
Come on now ... would you really have "come away wondering what went wrong" "started to mess around with my recipe"? OR would you have chalked it up to a bad table and made plans for Rockford.

(poking the bear) You finished in 6th place do you think you should have finished higher?

Thanks from: --->