View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #56
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
No not at all. Each category is its own animal. It would be comparing apples and oranges.

Its all a guideline. The 145 degree was a food safety number to give those who would question the definition of cooked in the rule.
A guideline can also be a standard operating procedure upon which each team is asked to follow. Without constant oversight the rule set is not there to be enforced but rather followed. Once the competitor loses their integrity the rule set falls apart.
You really have me confused now. We're going to have to hash this out over a few Skippy Shakes

Being able to part your pork is dumbing down contest to what was it "easy bake BBQ" but cooking store bought pieces of chicken somehow demonstrates a higher level of skill?

I thought you used the Brethren rule as an example of something that gave the cook a course of action that did not rely on their integrity? I still think its going to rely on a competitors integrity and willingness to abide by the rules. There aren't going to be reps verifying your pork is 145* @ the BoTB anymore than there are going to be KCBS reps making sure you don't return separated pork to your cooker at the Royal. Both are almost unenforceable rules that rely on cooks staying within the guidelines.

Like Chris said, cheaters are going to cheat. Myself, like the majority of folks here, don't feel the need to.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote