View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #217
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Just a quick update since it's been a while. Frustration levels are high, though subsiding a bit after some progress this week. I am just amazed at the lack of customer service these builders/contractors/skilled trades people exhibit. How hard is it to return a phone call? How hard is it to spend 30 seconds firing off an email to explain why you missed your deadline/appointment? Drives me crazy.

Anyway, it's weeks late, but the replacement sign is up:

About as good as we could do given the size and dimensions of the panels. I still want to put a big sign right on the side of the building, but that will probably need to wait. But at least now the old restaurant sign is gone and people can now see that something new is coming into the space.

And since all these contractors keep dropping the ball, I was put in touch with an actual restaurant designer and consultant who's been doing this for nearly 40 years. He came out walked through everything and said he's going to bring one of his guys out hopefully tomorrow or this weekend to finalize some measurements and equipment needs. He said he could have the work done in about three weeks, so that's promising news at least.

He also blew my mind when he found a space that we could put a SP unit through the wall. That will save a ton in terms of having to relocate the existing exhaust, and save even more space in the kitchen by having the unit mostly housed outside, so I'm excited about that.

Oh, and I've pretty much finished the bathroom remodel and it looks a hundred times better. I'll try to snag some pics the next time I'm there.
marubozo is online now   Reply With Quote