View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #59
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I think the article is interesting. But, there was a point of view, and leading questions, to make a particular point of view heard. Since I am new to competition BBQ and old to "real" BBQ, I kinda look at these things and wonder why such emotion. If you don't like KCBS BBQ, then don't cook or eat it.

I happen to like both. I have noticed of late, that many of the Q joints I like, are panned by KCBS judges, as well as what I would call traditionalists. I don't think this is a bad thing, it is reasonable that people from different backgrounds and experiences would like different foods and tastes.

As to lines and making money, it is worth noting that there is far more money being made with Chile's/Applebee's type BBQ than there is in the places we all like to admire. Truth of not, the reason lines form, is because demand has been piqued. If a particular place gets buzz, then it gets lines. I do think it is ridiculous to compare restaurant cooking to competition cooking, in any genre. What you have to do to be successful in the restaurant business is so fundamentally different from competition, or backyard. There is no way to compare, and hence, no way to say one is being ruined by another.

BTW, some of the best ribs I have ever had got 5's and 6's across the board at a KCBS comp.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->