View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #47
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
where you live again? Oh yeah that's right CA. We were doing a job there a few years ago and rented a lull telescoping lift and it popped a hydraulic line spilling about 3 gal of hydraulic fluid on a aspalt parking lot. Before we knew it there was police and a hazmat crew that we had to pay for to dig up the parking lot surface and repave it. Talk about a crock of ****! Wtf is in asphalt? Petroleum hot oil! Needless to say we never accepted a job there ever again. Anywhere else you just sprinkle a bunch of absorbent granules on it, scoop it up and dispose of it properly, but noooooooo we had to do it the $10k
Way. Just pokin at ya a little lol
You did it wrong.

I have worked in and around site construction for almost 30 years, popped a lot of lines, never once had the police called.

Chris, I always find the two windows for a tent to be kinda funny, last time I vended, which was a few years ago, they made us put screening over the service and money windows. What a bother that was. On the other hand, I have been looking at the food truck business quite a lot recently, a friend is a part of the Mobi Munch company up here, and the two windows actually works quite well for flow. One window up front for ordering and money, then the line clears and pick up is mid truck. To be honest, even if I didn't have to, I would be sorely tempted to do that. I think it cleans up the crowd, organizes the line and keeps one person out of the kitchen mix. It works especially well for mobile events, with multiple trucks.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote