View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I didn't see any mention of where you are going to market your food. Are you planning to do this in Brenham, or take your food truck to nearby Houston?

You can buy the perfect truck, cook awesome food, but in the end, who are you going to sell it to? In the free market world of supply and demand, IMO, demand is WAY more important than supply.

This is where I get sideways with supply-side economics. You can have the money to build a business, but if there is not sufficient demand for what that business makes, you are NOT going to stay in business.

I am self-employed -- have been most of my adult life. I can assure you that having a good supply of capital to start a business is nice, but unless you have a big enough market of consumers to buy your goods, you WILL fail.

Don't just research how to spend your capital on a fantastic food truck, spend twice as much time researching where and how to make money from that food truck. Having the perfect food truck, and not enough customers to keep it in business is worse than not having any food truck at all, IMO.

I am not trying to discourage you. If this is what you want to do, then go for it. But, do it right. have a good plan, and work that plan. Don't just do it because you suddenly you CAN do it. Be patient and get it right.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->