View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I have a newer OKJ, but older than the one Lowes sells now. They get built cheaper and cheaper each change. Mine looks like the original, but it's a Char-broil built. I don't get and ash to come out of the door unless I open it to add a split. If you are thinking about putting it on a deck, don't. Stickburners should not be on decks. That is just an accident waiting to happen.

The newer versions are cheaper looking and built than even mine is. So I can't help you there. The cheap OKJ are a good, inexpensive stickburner and good to start learning Q on, but you soon come to find it's lack in build quality can really make things tough on you. If you lived closer I would offer to sell you mine.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is online now   Reply With Quote