Wrench_H
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke'n Ice View Post
From the June 2013 BOD Meeting Quick Notes:
Mike Peters
I make the motion to pay Roger Wise of KCBS team Pickin Porkers $400 for their contest win (2nd place brisket) at the Smoke on the Beach contest held in Myrtle Beach, SC on August 31, 2012.
Don Harwell second
9 aye, 1 no (Shupe) Motion passed

I make the motion to not sanction the 2013 Smoke on the Beach contest to be held in Myrtle Beach, SC on August 31 (which is being promoted on their website as a KCBS sanctioned event) until the $400 is reimbursed to KCBS.

Dave Compton Second
9 aye, 1 no (Shupe), motion passed
This could get interesting. They are certainly advertising it as a KCBS event, http://www.smokeonthebeach.com/sotb-bbb.html, as well as one of the events participating in the Smithfield series, which it doesn't appear to be part of either. I wonder what if anything KCBS will do about this. My check was written under the assumption that this was a KCBS event. Is there any recourse that KCBS can take if they run the event just like a KCBS event, but without the actual sanctioning?

Again, I am doing it just because its the closest thing to a local contest that we have, and its a pretty fun weekend(plus this will be my first night away from the house since the baby was born, and I'm not missing that opportunity :)) It does make me a little nervous though that they have cashed my check, and their website seems to be pretty bogus. Is anyone else planning to attend?

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time Zero Member

Try the Throwdowns - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote