View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
WhatsCookin
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If you are reading this, thanks for sticking with me. :)

I know it's a bit of a cheat, but I'd exhausted all the fuel in performer at 6:30 am, and it had started raining hard here, so I put her in a 250 degree oven for a further 2 hours.

I then let it rest on the counter for an hour, then into the now "cool" oven for a further 2 hours.

Here is a pick of the point separated from the flat:

Here a few slices from the end of the flat closest to the point. Nice and juicy.

This is a slice from the point itself.

Verdict: Pretty darn good. Moist, with a very well-developed bark. The bottom edge, closest to the heat on the flat, is a bit overdone and somewhat chewy, but I'm not too unhappy with that, as I didn't wrap or inject, or spritz, I just did it "straight up", and I might be near the limits of my equipment. Some of the bites are just magical. :)

As an aside, I think with my setup (Performer) a 12 lb brisket is probably about the biggest I'd go. In my first shot, you can see the raw product hanging well over the edges of the cookie sheet. In my cooked shot, you see just how much it shrank in length, I'd bet a good 5 inches. I had to fold the flat end over a bit initally, to keep the point from sitting over the coals.

So, now I just wait for the verdict from the rest of the family later this afternoon.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by WhatsCookin; 06-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: duh
WhatsCookin is offline   Reply With Quote