Originally Posted by landarc
If I had it to do over again, I would look for these things.
1. Immersion heating coil, preferably removable/replaceable.
2. Simple controls and design.
3. No filters or other do hickeys allegedly to control oil or spray, useless.
4. Removable oil reservoir for easier cleaning.
5. As much stainless in a smooth surface as possible
Landarc list is spot on to what I have currently and looking to replace... I would go 2 pot vs one.... special if your planing on vending. You can do 2 different temps or even swap back and forth to make sure oil has had time to recover. I'm looking at something like this
to replace a single pot version(different maker but same feature list)