Thread: Newbee Trials
View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
runnoft
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

+4 on the pork butt/shoulder. I bought my wsm 18.5 2 months ago and couldn't have been more pleased . I have cooked on it 4 times 3 pork butts and 1 brisket. The pork butts are hard to screw up. I cooked a 9 lb butt that I injected with Weber's recipe of apple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, kosher salt and Worcestershire sauce. Marinated over nite. Coated it with Plowboys bovine rub. Used 16 lbs Kingsford charcoal started minion style. used water pan, used cherry chunks, cooked for 4 hrs when it reached 160 degrees internal temp then wrapped with foil, cooked another 2 hrs or so till it hit 190 IT. I let it rest for an hour and it pulled apart so easy. Added my sauce and made pork sammies. I'm telling you it tasted better than anything I had ever bought from a commercial BBQuer. I learned all of this from the brethren here and from a member named Toast. But the critical part is being able to measure the smoker temp and the internal temp of the meat. That's where the Maverick ET-732 comes in and well worth the price. It was so good I couldn't believe I cooked it. My 2 cents and good luck.

1 members found this post helpful.