Unread 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Father of Seoul View Post
What kind of Q are you wanting to cook?

Both have their strong points. The Pitmaker is MUCH more solid. I would compare the Pitmaker to a Stumps, not an Assassin.
Not sure id agree on that latter sentence. Assassin is built just as good as any Stump the more I have looked into it talking to what metals and what processes they both go through to built their's. There is no difference. Pitmaker I definitely agree with, a lot heavier steel and a good bit more stainless steel.

I am in the OP's same boat though. I was really leaning towards the Pitmaker Vault due to the construction but the biggest downfall for me right now is its weight and height. I can't fit inside a 6x12 enclosed. I have a friend bringing over his big pitmaker trailer that Pitmaker has on their website so I can cook on the vault all weekend. I have to say though right now, the customer service with Jeff Conway and Assassin has been far superior. George finally answered my long email but has not with my followup, I understand they have been blowing up on tv but I figured they would still want my order and be proactive with others answering emails. This is just from my experience. The assassin holds more for the 28 and its about $1300 cheaper than the Vault after you add the zinc primer/paint, extra ball valves and shipping. I would go pick up the assassin since I am only 5 hours away. Its really coming down to who wants to earn my business and unfortunately it is a business and Jeff and his daughter communicate and made it clear they would fix anything even after the warranty date. That right there makes a world of difference, I havent talked to George due to communcation issues to get that feeling yet. I hear that are great guys from my friend but I have to go on what I have experienced with the question/answer preliminary leading up to the sell.