View Single Post
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
smokeitupbbq
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

+1...
We start delivered @$12.00 and serviced @$17.00.
PorkQPine is right, find your market, dont sell yourself short. Realize if you create a quality product, many places are now corporate & commercialized & don't smoke on site because you need experienced staff & time / something they cut out when the "economy" wasn't great ..... Only the local guys around us actually smoke in house anymore.
if it helps check out our site.
www.smokeitupbbqkitchen.com
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkQPine View Post
You need to figure out what you want to be? The low cost guy on the block offering the cheapest meat and sides in order to make a profit or a higher priced caterer who only uses the best meats and sides? A caterer can not compete with a restaurant that does drop off and make any money at all. You can't be everything to all, pick your market. Get a website, add pictures, lots of content and pages and some special deals as your min.

I have a few packages, the one for chicken includes cole slaw, baked beans and rolls. Min price is $13.95 per person plus 15% gratuity and sales tax with a 50 person min.

Pricing is really something that is driven by the area you are in. I am in an affluent area so my prices work, I'm not the cheapest and not the most expensive. I cook on-site and provide servers to dish the food at a buffet table and I include plates, utensile, napkins and condiments.

I have a friend in an even more affluent area and has been in business longer and his min price is $17.95 per person with 75 people min.
[B][COLOR="Gray"]Pitmaster - Kelham Stephenson.
Public Vending, Private Catering & Events.[/COLOR][/B]
[FONT="Impact"][COLOR="Red"]www.smokeitupbbqkitchen.com[/COLOR][/FONT]
[B][COLOR="Black"]720-431-4945[/COLOR][/B]
smokeitupbbq is offline   Reply With Quote