View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 01:07 AM   #5
Quintessential Chatty Farker
Sawdustguy's Avatar
Join Date: 09-14-05
Location: Manorville, Long Island

Originally Posted by HoDeDo
Many of the festivals around here sell temporary vendor permits. Usually those are provided by the city or county. You have to meet some basic requirements (three sinks, warming aparatus, aka, chafers, instant read thermometers, etc. ) but it is not as strengent as say, what they expect of a diner kitchen. You pay as part of your booth fees, and an inspector "approves" your area prior to prep/serving.
Some states require a safeserve certificate to get a temporary vendors permit.
Guy (Pitmaster)
BBQ Team: Lawn Guyland Smokers

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote