View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Babbling Farker

daninnewjersey's Avatar
Join Date: 01-01-11
Location: Southern NJ

Originally Posted by BBQinMI View Post
What kind of permit or food license did you have to get? Do you have insurance(just in case)?
What do you sell the ribs for?
I had to get licensed through the health dept. They want to know EVERYTHING you're going to sell, how you're cooking it, keeping it warm, etc. You can't cook at home...only in an inspected kitchen. Luckily I'm able to use the kitchen at the restaurant where the market is so that's good. Insurance is a must....It's like $50/month....a bargain.

Regarding the ribs...It's kind of a higher end $25/rack
Proud owner of 4 VERY ugly drum smokers....and a Greasy Hill reverse flow....
daninnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote