View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Grain Belt
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Craigslist ads seem to come in spurts. I am in the OP's region and I often check craigslist for deals. Last year I picked up a Weber Summit gasser for $350. It is an incredible grill and I have enjoyed restoring it to almost new. I see black OTS weber kettles all the time on the Minneapolis listings. My target for them would be around $25. For a OTG I would shoot for $50. For a Performer my target would be $90-100. For a WSM my goal would be $150. Of course this is presuming good condition. I see a huge range in prices for old Genesis gassers. If you follow a few clean up threads here or on the Virtual Weber Bullet you can get a deal on one for under $100 and for another $50 in parts and some cleaning and a little labor you can have a nice gasser. I found a 2 burner Genesis Silver A with all stainless internals for a buddy for $70. Nothing was needed as far as repairs and he got his ideal grill for his type of cooking. Once in awhile you will find something rare like the yellow you posted. I think there was a 70's brown 26er the other day for $175. Standard pricing may go out the window for a truly rare one.
Grain Belt is online now   Reply With Quote