View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
jamus34
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaws on Pigs View Post
I can't imagine living under all those ordinances and condescending neighbors. I couldn't imagine living without a big vegetable garden, for that matter. Mosta people around here have chickens running around in their yards, and you can geneally see at least a dozen cows from any given place at any given time, along with goats, horses, mules, donkeys, llamas, alpacas, guinesfowl, and such. One of our local amusements is sitting on the porch shooting at carpenter bees with a .22 pistol.
Took me until this week to figure out why my town bothers me so much. Town was pretty much built to be post WWII housing for the returning soldiers and their families. Of which included my grandfather and grandmother whose house was about 5 blocks away from the one I currently live. I can tell you straight up my grandmother ALWAYS had a garden in her back yard and my grandfather would let someone else mow his grass over his dead body. Apparently sometime between then and now my town turned into yuppie central where no one does anything for themselves anymore.

Anyway, to the point, I understand the ordinance to a degree...however I'd love someone come try to tell me I cannot cook Q in my back yard.

22.5 OTS, 22.5 WSM, SJG (and soon to have the tamale pot mini-WSM conversion built)

Stealth gray Thermopen

jamus34 is offline   Reply With Quote