View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #24
Drh7003
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I'm not a lawyer but I do deal with legislative language everyday. I read the statement as saying that grills, BBQs, etc are not banned.
I guess I should have posted the ordinance. The statement I posted was an intrepretation from a municipal employee.

In section 7 it states “Permitted fuels in food preparation devices allowed by this ordinance include only charcoal, lava rock, propane gas, natural gas according to AGA or UGI specifications and electricity. Only Commercially manufactured lighter fluid and other commercially manufactured starters intended specifically for lighting fires for barbecuing and other cooking of food may be used in any grill, pit, or other approved food preparation device”
I did speak with the employee who posted the warning on line and she said that there has been an issue lately with the Chiminea and fire bowls people have at their homes. She wasn't specific, but, I know that there was at least one fire caused by those devices.
As for the fire department coming by, Never a problem. I am a member, and for years I was one of the pitmasters for the Chicken BBQ's... I surely could not turn myself in...LOL!
Maybe I was just being overly concerned since I making the change over from charcoal to stick burning.