View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Is 99 cents a pound worth it?

Here's the story. And so you know, it's not over.

Last night I stopped at my local Lowes Foods and while in the meat department I noticed that they were having a sale on Boston butt for 99 cents a pound. Know that's a good price, I look into the cooler and see these monstrously large Boston butts. The smallest one was 8.5 pounds. I started to reach in to grab a few when it dawned on me that if this hunk of meat took 1.5 hours per pound that I was looking at a 12 hour cook time. For me, running the smoker for 12 hours is longer than I like and one of the reasons I don't do brisket that often. So I stopped myself from grabbing one and continued my shoppping.

The problem is that it's been over 12 hours and I'm still thinking about those hunks of meat. If I get one, I'll have to go to bed early on Friday and get up around 8:00 on a Saturday, something I don't usually do.

So, I've posted a poll and I'd like everyone's opinion.

-NCGrimbo
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
NCGrimbo is offline   Reply With Quote