Thread: 24 lb turkey?
View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
Mo-Dave
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Dadsr4 I was a bit vague in my first post, except I was asking a basic question of how it would effect the frozen half later on, not what everyone else would do with it.

As I stated in a later post, my wife is not a huge fan of smoked meat, I on the other hand would be happy eating it all the time, or using the meat in some other dish. It is only after a long stint of no smoked food can she enjoy it, funny thing is a couple weeks ago she complained the meat was not smokey enough, I think it was a pork butt, I just shook my head and kept eating.

At any rate I did not brine the second half, instead I cut it into manageable chunks and divided it in to 4 bags and froze, now I can pull what ever I want to make other things, who knows with enough time I may even smoke some of that. The other half is in a brine and will sit until tomorrow, and will be dispatched to the uds along with some hickory and oak. This bird was twice the size I would normally smoke, and just to big for my uds, so unless I smoked one half took that off and then cooked the second half I don't think it would have done to well, and was not wanting to cook it that way.
Dave
Bbq toolbox, formerly Chargrill smoker
My wife has gas, its a Brinkman.
Mo-Dave is online now   Reply With Quote