View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
northernrescue3321
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yea was on my game plan but the wife has her ideas of what I need to do this AM, the good ol honey do list.

So the first two pictures is approx 60# of brisket that has been trimmed and separated.

I then did a wet cure of Pink Salt #1, salt brown sugar and pickling spices; whole black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, dill seeds, hot red pepper flakes, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, celery seeds, bay leaves, dried thyme, ground ginger, whole allspice berries, whole cloves, cardamom seeds, juniper berries, and anise.

That all set for approx 1 week and yielded the next two photos. I placed the "corned beef" in water over night to get excess salt off of it. I also boiled two small pieces to try as if it was corned beef. The flavor was spot on and the best part is I did not end up with botulism! LOL

The final two pictures are of the pastrami rub, which is Coriander, black pepper, mustard powder, praprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.

I put them on this AM, the rain is holding off which is good. Based on the weather reports I should be okay. It was approx 60F out with little to no wind, and all is going good at this time. The guru is holding the temp nice, though a small temp diff from my maverick (approx 7-8F)

I have the WSM set for 260 and will go for about 8 hrs on the first batch, smallest pieces went on first.
northernrescue3321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->