View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #48
jmoney7269
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobdabomb View Post
I need those in depth posts, especially with the slide vent issue. Guess I have to pony up the $250 for the ball valve, which should be on there standard just like every other vertical types like this. That is disappointing, as its going to be a $4k smoker now at a min.
I was one of the first vault owners ever to have a ball valve intake system in late 2012 and to my knowledge I am the only vault owner that has a 3/4 valve and a 1/14 valve. When the pit is loaded up with meat, you need the extra airflow of 2 valves. I cook dry and rarely ever use the large valve except when I need it to recover from massive amounts of food in it. Get the ball valve a 3/4 and 1 1/4 and never look back. No rust whatsoever but I clean my pits after any large cook or comp and reseason with canola oil. I can run my vault 180 degrees to 450 dry any day of the week. The ball valve design fixes any runaway temp worries of that pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
i just got a backwoods from great canadian bbq store check em out itl save some boarder hassle. pitmaker was almost another grand
A vault is also twice the pit as a backwoods. Look at the weight and that alone will tell you what you need to know. Backwoods are awesome pits, not dogging them one bit
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote