View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #62
BBQ_MAFIA
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

My first (BRA), BBQ Related Accident, occurred during the DR. BBQ Class that was held on Long Island back around 2006. It was a great competition class and everyone in attendance brought their own cookers so it was completely hands on. During the evening of the event I tripped in the parking lot and broke the bones in my right wrist. After the class I went to the hospital and ended up in a cast for several weeks. After a long recoup my wrist healed up.

My second (BRA) occurred while cooking for OBR after hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the East Coast. As Hoboken NJ. is just a few minutes from my home we loaded up the smokers and went to help. To make a long story short, I ended up breaking the bones in my left wrist during this event. This time it was really bad as it came along with major tendon and ligament issues. I was in several different casts from October 31 thru the first week of April. After all this time, the Orthopedic Surgeon said if things don't get better he will need to operate.

Who would have ever guessed BBQ could be dangerous.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote