View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Zippylip
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds9547 View Post
Yes two different pies. Yes on the stone with the paper. I'm not so good with the peel and don't like corn meal on the bottom of my pizza. I just slid it off of the peel right onto the stone and the paper held up surprisingly well. I cooked both pizzas on the same piece of paper. When I took it off the egg I put it on that aluminum pan because of the holes in it - thought it may help keep it crispy on bottom.

I need to practice with the peel and have ordered a thin aluminum one to see if it will be any better. The one I have now is wood and it is about 1/2" thick. Any tips are appreciated.
kds, agreed on the corn meal, stopped using it some time ago as it's just not necessary. I'm curious though why you have the paper on the stone? Most that use paper use it as a substitute for cornmeal to get the pie off the peal, but since you've mastered that you can bake directly on the stone. If it's about removal, you can kill two birds with one stone with one of these grids; they're made to cook pies on usually in an oven, which is what I got them for, but now I just use them to remove pies from the egg & then as a cooling rack for the same reasons you cited:

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->